- Please avoid direct sun exposure, tanning beds, tanning creams, sprays or bronzers for a minimum of 10 days prior to your treatment. Also, avoid the use of creams or lotions containing light-reflecting shimmer or metallic particles for 10 days before treatment. Your treatment cannot be performed on areas with significant suntan or sunburn.
- Notify the medical staff regarding any medications or antibiotics you are currently using or just finished.
- Please do not take any NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications) such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naprosyn prior to treatment. You may take Tylenol prior to treatment if needed.
- Please stop any Retinol products (Retin A, Renova, salicylic acid, benzolyl peroxide, glycolic acid) and other products or cosmeceuticals that may contain these ingredients in the area to be treated 3 days before and after the procedure.
- If you have a history of cold sores/fever blisters/shingles (herpes virus) outbreaks in the area to be treated, you will need to begin taking anti-viral medications before the treatment day to minimize the possibility of reactivation of the herpes virus in that area which can result in an outbreak of cold sores/fever blisters/shingles after the procedure.
PLEASE SHAVE BEFORE EACH TREATMENT - A close shave is needed for best results!
FOR HAIR REMOVAL -stop plucking, threading, tweezing, waxing and avoid electrolysis at least 6 weeks before your procedure in the area to be treated.